Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sydney & Pagosa

Yesterday the boys and I took a very excited Warren to the airport to start his trip to Australia. Being the wonderful wife that I am, I gave him this trip for his 40th birthday. Being the clever wife that I am, Warren paid for the entire trip! (Hey, you can't pay for this kind of thing on a part-time salary).

Warren's best friend Colin (and family) lives in Melbourne and I've been plotting and planning this trip for 2 years without Warren knowing. Of course I had to go and screw the surprise up. In May of '07 I was getting Warren's visa application ready and asked Col to email a letter stating that Warren would be staying with him and his wife Tania (Tanz) upon arrival in Australia. Without realizing it, I saved that letter to my PC desktop and Warren found it a day later. I was so mad at myself for spoiling the surprise and refused to tell Warren when he'd be flying to Australia...after all, I didn't know myself until 4 months later but he didn't know that! Warren tried to guess his departure date right up until the day of his birthday (December) and when I told him his tickets were for March '08, he was disappointed he had to wait so long.

But the wait (and whining!) is finally over and as I write this, Warren is on a harbor cruise boat, cruising past the Sydney Opera House with his big bud and 'brother' Colin. The boys are very close - male soul mates in fact - I swear if Colin was a woman, he and Warren would have married. Col and I are cut from the same cloth. Its scary that there are 2 of us running amok in this world!

Its Good Friday in 2 days time and I'm off to Pagosa Springs with my boys for the Easter weekend. We leave right after Jordan gets out of school tomorrow. I've packed the clothes and it turns out that I've packed more than I should have...but its Spring and so I had to pack shorts and t-shirts along with warmer things. I guess I should just admit it - I'm a chick and I pack like a chick.

The drive to Pagosa will be lovely because we'll go through the Rockies and we'll be surrounded by the Rockies for most of the way. Pagosa sits in a valley so there are mountains surrounding the area. Its gorgeous and I want to live there! Now! (In fact we came very close to buying a piece of land in Pagosa a year ago...very close!).

We'll be staying in my friend's FROG (Finished Room Over Garage) which has just been completed. The best of all is that I get to spend a lot of time with my friend Leana who I love like a sister. In fact I'll just declare it - Leana IS my sister. So, I'll be seeing my sister-friend and we're going to indulge and soak in the bubbling hot springs (which smells like rotten fart) while the kids stay with hubby Todd.

Soaking in hot springs with my sister-friend. Bliss!!! Chocolate at some point during the weekend. Double Bliss!!! Aaaah, therapy for the soul. Priceless!!!

No comments: