

This month's model was the lovely burlesque dancer, Bijoux Lemieux (obviously her stage name). There were various poses and outfits and I couldn't quite get anything right with my sketching but kept at it nevertheless.

Prizes were handed out for the best pictures which were judged by the host, the DJ and the model. Naomi usually wins at least one prize - she turns out really good work.
I have photos of Miss Bijoux which I won't put up on the site because I don't want to offend anyone (namely my parents). Because she stripped down to pasties and panties, I tried to focus on parts of her body that were more clothed than the other parts because I knew I'd be blogging the sketches. (I hope fishnet stockings count as 'clothes').

My favorite pose of hers was when she sat for 15-mins with a sword on her head in a costume that was so decorative and fun. Naomi can draw really fast and was able to draw Miss Bijoux in her entirety but I just managed to get her head done.


This photo I partly censored. I think a drawing is less offensive to people than the actual photo so I didn't censor the drawing.

After Dr. Sketchys I asked Naomi to find the closest fast food place because I hadn't had any food before leaving home and I was hungry. We've been in the USA for 9 years and last Sunday I had my first Good Times fries.
Well now...they are better than McD's fries which I hold in high regard because not only do the Good Times fries have a yummy spice sprinkled over them (reminding me of Nandos wedges in SA), but they have a spicy 'wild dippin' sauce. YUM!!
Not good for the diet...but YUM! Naomi's birthday was the next day and so we celebrated it in the car with fries, dippin' sauce and frozen vanilla custard.
1 comment:
OK, Traci: this is the test to see where your true loyalty lies. This month you're going to have to choose between Dr. Sketchy's and the Sunday School Christmas party, because they landed on the same date. Keep in mind, Little Miss Fire Fly will be posing!!!
Post a Comment