
Growing up I never really knew what it was about except that it was the day after Christmas and it was a public holiday. So I looked it up and the following is from Wikipedia: "The name derives from the fact that the day is traditionally marked by the giving of Christmas boxes, or gifts, to services workers (such as service staff, postal workers and trades people) in the UK." Interesting but useless information.
We spent the day lazing around, drinking coffee, snacking on snacks and the kids played with their new toys and hung out together.














We had our Christmas dinner on Boxing Day which consisted of the traditional turkey and spiral ham and all the trimmings. The ham was a white elephant gift from our Adult Sunday School class Christmas party. (I'd originally got a $25 Potterybarn gift card but the ham was valued at $40 & hadn't bought one because of the price so I traded at the end of the party with the person who had the ham - she was delighted to have the gift card).

After dinner we ventured out into the cold and took the gang to see the 'very happy Christmas houses.' These homeowners go all-out and win competitions with their Christmas decorations and lights. Some of it is really nice while others are really tacky but its fun to go and see them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment