
Tonight I attended a gift wrapping party which was to help raise money to bring clean water to third world countries. The party was hosted by Naomi.

Her and her mother offered to artistically wrap our Christmas gifts and in return were accepting donations for the organization www.charitywater.org. Tonight's party focused on Liberia, a country in northern Africa.
I didn't have many gifts to take with me because I haven't done much in the way of Christmas shopping but the few that I did take came home radically made over with gorgeous wrapping paper and ribbons.

I walked into the living room of Naomi's house and it looked like a store - wrapping paper, ribbons and boxes everywhere. Naomi's mother is fantastic at creating ribbons and picking out the perfect ribbon with the perfect paper.
Unfortunately my SA family, Aussie & UK friends are getting gifts that have been hastily wrapped, all in the same paper and with no bows or ribbon on them because I mailed all those gifts last week. So, sorry guys but next time I'll try and do something more artistic, even if the artistic bits get squashed in the box I send it in.
Warren's sister Cheryl and her 3 kids are coming to Denver on Christmas Day so I have a few people who will enjoy these artistically wrapped gifts. My kids couldn't care less about what the gifts look like - as long as they don't take too long to open! So, this gift wrapping thing may become an annual tradition with me and maybe a few friends who share the same new found joy of gift wrapping.
(BTW, Naomi raised close to $600 for the charity).

1 comment:
Thank you so much for coming!! I think we should definately get together next year to wrap gifts together.
Post a Comment