Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dr. Sketchys

This past Sunday I was at it again - sketching a partially naked woman. This time it was actress and singer Reyna Von Vett. I went with Naomi again and 2 others - her brother Luke and a friend of a friend. This time we stopped at Good Times for a quick dinner which for me consisted only of the 'wild fries' and 'wild dippin' sauce'. Yum to the max!

Reyna posed in costumes and hats she makes for her shows and was quite a character. She has a stunning voice and for the 'movement sketch' (we have to sketch her while she's moving), she sang a song. I just listened to her singing because it was really good.

I still battle with faces and don't have much confidence in my drawings but its not about getting it right, its about having fun and allowing myself to just draw without any expectations or frustrations. So here's what I came up with...





At one point the host decided to do something different - so as Reyna posed, we started out sketching on our own paper and then when the host rang the bell, we passed our sketch pads to the next person who continued the sketch. By the end of the pose (I think it was 10 min), this is what my drawing looked like and I attribute the 'evil' parts to Naomi and her brother Luke because there was a lot of giggling going on as they sketched on other people's sketch pads.

No comments: