Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

We headed to downtown Denver on New Year's Eve and watched the 9 pm (family time) fireworks.

Downtown was packed and there were all sorts of crazies roaming the streets. We made sure we each had a small child in hand because it was so crowded and I have a fear of losing my children in a crowd or being abducted in the 5 seconds I turn around to do something like tie my shoe or read an ad in the store window.

The fireworks weren't amazing - I guess they keep that for midnight - and it didn't compare with the 4th July fireworks which are amazing and go on for 20-30 minutes. But it was still a nice way to see the new year in.

The small kids fell asleep in the car on the way home and we put them to bed and then watched the crystal ball in New York drop which was hardly spectacular. I guess you have to be there!

You can see how thrilled they are to wear the 2009 headbands I bought for them.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! Loved all the photos and blogs. I prayed that Cheryl and family would have a safe trip, wonderful time and lots of fun with y'all. Looks like you all did. YEA!!!!!!!!!!

Jadon got a similar Lego set that Jordan got.(grandparents) Oh. my. gosh. are there like a 1000 pieces.....?