Fortunately the principal has 2 young boys of his own and has been a principal for a long time so he didn't freak out or get angry but still disciplined Jordan by keeping him from recess for 2 days (torture for him) and he has to eat his lunch in the conference room right next to the principal's office for 2 days (which he thinks is cool!)
Of course Warren and I both talked to him about what he'd said and I think he was most upset when we told him that God had been right there when he'd said those words. He was very sorry and upset with himself. I am amazed and probably naive that 8 and 9 year olds know some of the words and phrases that they do. I was still playing with baby dolls at 8 years old and had no idea of any bad words except for 'damn' which was forbidden in our house.
Jordan's favorite thing to do is to watch movies and so he is banned from movies and TV until Sunday afternoon. He was also meant to go to a friend's house after school on Friday afternoon but we had to cancel that too.
Tonight, while Cullen was watching Kung-Fu Panda in the basement, Jordan wasn't allowed to join him but I found him listening to the movie from the top of the basement stairs so I had to take a photo. Of course when he realized I'd done it, he turned around and gave me a whopping big smile which I captured as well. I ALMOST caved in and sent him down to the basement to join Cullen but then caught myself before I did the unthinkable and went back on my word.
I'm sure he's learnt his lesson - 4 days to wait to watch Disney channel or a movie is a loooong time for Jordan.

1 comment:
Shame man - unfortunately this won't be the last time. Although I must admit he doesn't look too upset.
Post a Comment