This morning I had breakfast in bed, courtesy of my husband. He gave me a card and the boys ran in with their gifts which were made at school. Jordan had written down desired list of breakfast foods and was pleased with Warren that he had got it right. Cullen gave me an oversized card which said the following:
My Mom is the best Mom in the whole world because she tells me stories.
My Mom is 40 years old.
My Mom cooks the very best popcorn.
My Mom looks prettiest when she wears some nice clothes.
My favorite thing to do with my Mom is spend time with her.
On Mother's Day I will make her a heart that says "I love you".
Love Cullen
Cullen also gave me a small plant pot decorated with the family and seeds for Morning Glory flowers. A little card came with the flower pot that reads "When you plant these seeds, You will know, The flowers will bloom, As I grow". Very sweet.
Jordan gave me a picture of him and poem that said:
To my very special Mom...
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
This Mother's Day
I want to help you!
The card came with 5 redeemable coupons that read:
"Happy Mother's Day.
I will help you...feed the dog"
(I thought that was his job anyway!);
"I will help you...wash the dishes"
(we have a dishwasher!);
"I will help you...take out the trash"
(thats Warren's job);
"I will help you...clean the house"
(now this one I can definitely use);
"I will help you make dinner"
(always appreciated).

We went to the Elephant Bar Restaurant for lunch and I had the wok-fried sweet & sour chicken. The Elephant Bar looks and feels like an African restaurant but the food is more Caribbean and its really good. When we got home we watched Spiderman 3 (at the request of Cullen) together in the basement and I dozed off on the sofa with a blanket over me.
A perfect Mother's Day for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment