Wednesday, April 7, 2010

3rd Grade Concert

Every year, each grade at school puts on a concert, first for assembly and then for the parents in the evening. The 3rd graders learnt to play recorders this year (the practicing in the car on the way home was always torture) and they got to showcase their musical skills tonight.

Everyone was meant to wear black 'bottoms' and a white shirt and so I dug out the only white shirt I could find which was at the bottom of Jordan's closet. He didn't want to wear anything formal so he went in scruffy black tracksuit bottoms with black/white converse shoes and didn't look his best but he thought he looked cool.

Before the concert, Cullen had his gymnastic class so we sped to the school after gymnastics, stopping on the way for a light meal. I realized that the kids wouldn't eat until 8 pm so we got buttery noodles at Noodles & Co which we ate in the parking lot of the school. Jordan dropped most of his buttery noodles down the front of his shirt so he was a mess by the time he walked onto the stage. Fortunately he stood behind someone during the concert and told me to stop fussing because no one would see the mess on his shirt.

Warren managed to fight traffic and get to the school just as the concert started. The kids did a great job of singing, dancing and playing their recorders and I noticed that while some of them had really dressed for the occasion, a few of them had forgotten the dress code for the evening.

Somehow I missed out on the 1st grade concert and I feel rotten for not attending. Apparently they sang during assembly to the entire school but didn't have an evening event and had I known about the assembly performance, I would have gone. Next year I will make sure I attend all performances!!

No comments: