Saturday, January 29, 2011

We bought a Ranch

Well, actually we bought THREE because we couldn't decide on one!

First there is CEDAR RIDGE RANCH:

Location:
~ Carbondale, Colorado

Cost:
~ $7,450,000

Features:
~ custom designed kitchen (thank you!!)
~ Viking range (because I am a gourmet chef...soon!)
~ 8 fireplaces & 8 outside decks (this house was clearly built for me)
~ reclaimed red oak and sandstone flooring
~ 100 yr old wood beams reclaimed from a barn in Iowa

I've always wanted to drive through something like this on the way to my homestead.

It says 'grand', it says 'this is ours'.

Look at that driveway!

No sharing the neighborhood with 90,000 other people in cookie cutter homes much like ours.

The pond is for Warren, the mountain is for me.

OK, the fireplace is MINE all MINE! I have plans to buy a chaise lounge to put next to it for nighttime reading and hot chocolate.

The lights are on and we're almost home. You can take a bath with the windows open and not fear the freaky neighbor behind you is watching you through binoculars.

This is the pool that is going to make us very happy in the summertime.


Second there is FITZGERALD RANCH:

Location:
~ Steamboat Springs, Colorado

Cost:
~ $8,250,000

Features:
~ 8-stall horse barn (I plan to learn how to ride!)
~ manager's home (a manager is needed to run the place)
~ heated shop (Warren can build furniture in a heated building)
~ helicopter pad (I plan to buy a helicopter this week)

The typical log cabin but its on a ranch! Love that. Note the little stream that runs in front of the house.

Once again, a chaise lounge in front of the fireplace and that mantel will be great with Christmas stockings hanging from it.

A shorter driveway but nice all the same.

This is Warren's stream - lots of fishing.

The mountain view for me (and the stream out front of the house).


Third there is NORTH STAR RANCH:

Location:
~ La Veta, Colorado

Cost:
~ $5,850,000

Features:
~ 265 acre equestrian property (I bought "Horses for Dummies" yesterday)
~ Mediterranean-inspired home (been to the Med...loved it)
~ remodeled caretaker home (someone needs to take care of the property)
~ guest cabin (for those we don't want inside the house...no names)

Look at the views and of course there is the river for fishing.

Love this bathroom.

The view, the view, the view and hello! a wood-burning fireplace!!

A place for family.

And then there's this.

I can see myself sitting in this room, never moving, never leaving. The chaise lounge is already there, waiting for me. I'm cooooming!!!

Who can resist??? We couldn't, so we bought this one too!

I love our new homes.

Now we have to figure out what we're going to do with all the other money we have stored away in our attic.

No comments: