When we first moved to to Denver we tried J Alexander's Restaurant near Park Meadows Mall and we the enjoyed the atmosphere and food.
While waiting for our table we watched the kitchen staff get the food ready and they were impressive. They knew what they were doing so I knew my order was going to be in good hands.
The head chef was there to make sure every plate that left the kitchen was perfect. He also gave me the "oh look, a tourist!" smile while I was taking the photos.
Before we even arrived at the restaurant I planned to have the BBQ baby back ribs. Seeing the salmon on the grill almost made me change my mind.
We were famished and we had alcohol in front of us. I knew I needed something to eat otherwise I'd be asleep on the table after a couple of sips. That's the heavy drinker in me.
Empty stomach + 3 sips of alcohol = passed out on the table, snoring and drooling out the side of my mouth.
I had to share this plate with my date. I'm the sharing type.
This is Warren's plate. Ribeye steak (a little too rare for us but still good) and 'smashed' potatoes.
I looked away one time and this is what happened to the 2nd half of my ribs! I didn't have smashed potatoes on my plate and my fingers don't look like man's fingers. Thief!
It didn't take me long to get this far with the mac & cheese and I savored every bite. I left a bit for Warren. I am the sharing type (did I already mention that?)
We took half the food home and I'm so glad the smashed potatoes made it to the doggie bag.
It was pretty early so we went to the mall and walked around for a bit. I love the mall. Its full of interesting stores and people.
It also has a Starbucks.

I had the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate - 360 calories - to add to my already 7,000 calorie dinner.
The mall is very pretty.
It has a massive fireplace that I'd love in my house except I think my house could fit inside this fireplace!
I love the window displays. They can be quite creative sometimes.
If I was skinny, I'd wear these clothes.
As is the Loft.
We walked past one of my favorite restaurants. The cheesecake here is to die for as are the pasta dishes. They are loaded with calories and heart attack-inducing creamy sauces.
Aaagh, Borders. Look at all those bookcases stuffed with books.
I love books. I used to spend loads on books and then I came to my senses and got books from the library for free. I still go to the bookstores to open new books, to smell them, to hold them. What can I say, I love them!
There is astroturf at the mall. I'm not sure why. Maybe its a maintenance thing - no mowing required. The green looks weird in the middle of winter.
We stood by the fire to warm up and it was really nice.
The promenade looks really pretty at night.
The water was no doubt cold. Snow and ice can do that to water. I like ice in my water in the middle of summer. I do not like ice near me in the wintertime.
Ice...
Ice...
And more ice...
(No Photoshop here Charlie! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment