Thursday, August 21, 2008

Last Days of Summer

Today we went to the Denver Children's Museum at the request of Cullen who wanted to go 'to the place that has the anthill'. The CM is a fun place for kids because there are many activities and 'stations' for kids to interact at.

Cullen (dressed as Peter Pan) loves the room that is set up to look like kids and grown-ups alike have shrunk to ant size - everything is oversized and there are costumes for the kids to wear that range from earthworms to squirrels to birds.

My boys enjoyed being birds and built a 'nest' from fabric leaves and acorns which they protected and guarded from the other hopefuls who wanted to play in the nest too.

Underground next to a giant mole

Forcing my kids to dress up and pose for a photo (is that a form of child abuse?)

Jordan & I spent 45 min building a helicopter from recycled materials. I managed to stab myself when the screwdriver slipped as I was trying to screw the thing together, making a small hole in my hand. Jordan was getting impatient with me at one point and said "you're doing a great job Mom but if Dad was here, he'd do a better job". A mother sitting at the next work station sniggered as she heard Jordan say this.

Recycled Helicopter

Cullen enjoyed being a cashier at the mini grocery store and then made me lunch with fake food at the little deli/pizzeria.

He still loves trains

Peter Pan in action.

Jordan was shorter than the drawing of the boy behind him when we first started going to the Children's Museum. Now look at him!

Outside the museum was 'Hopscotch' the cow.

They used blackboard paint on her body so kids can draw on her using chalk.

It was a good day and the boys had a great time. I'm glad I got to spend the day with my kiddos.

1 comment:

Naomi Haverland said...

This looks like fun! I want to go there now.