When Cullen sat down in the middle of the soccer field during a game last Spring and declared "I don't want to do this anymore", I knew his 'career' in soccer was over. I think he enjoyed the fact that he was doing what his older brother was doing, I think he enjoyed the excitement of dressing in his kit and going to the game, but I know he didn't enjoy the game of soccer.
And we had a few clues...he would watch his shadow while running instead of chasing after the ball, he would do cartwheels down the field in the middle of the game, and he would trying to strike up a conversation mid-game while running alongside one of his opponents.


During the Summer I took Cullen to a free 'trial lesson' at a local gym and he beamed throughout the entire lesson. As soon as Jordan started soccer, I signed Cullen up for gymnastics.
So on Monday afternoons Cullen has his lesson with a group of boys and he loves it. (Jordan is convinced that one day Cullen will be competing in the Olympics. Judging from his lack of concentration and his 'Harry Casual' gene, I very much doubt that but I am pleased that Jordan believes so much in his brother!).
No comments:
Post a Comment