
Last night I was back at Dr Sketchy's (a group of artists that sketch various models) and we had a repeat model - the lovely Honey Touche. I guess that's her stage name - she's a burlesque dancer and has a hairstyle that I just love. The was a bar close to downtown Denver called The Thin Man and the sketching was in the bar's basement. I went with the Extremely Talented Naomi and her brother Luke.
My sketching leaves much to be desired but its fun to just hang out, sketch and have a night out from the kids. Also, I'm hoping that Naomi's talent will eventually rub off on me and my sketching will improve. So far, she hasn't shared any of her artistic germs with me.
I struggle to do faces so I didn't draw Honey's face in the first picture but did a fun 'throw-away' one of her in the 2nd picture. (There were quite a few more but I'm won't subject you to the other blobby attempts).


My picture of Honey

This last one is of Honey up close with one of Naomi's sketches.
2 comments:
I think you did a great job!! I don't think the second one is a "throw away" face- it actually looks really cute, just cartoony. I hope you come with me again. I'm gonna send Honey a message and ask her how I can get one of the those Honey T's!! Hey, maybe I should get one for you two, and we could BOTH wear it to the show on Saturday?!
Your sketches are brill! Didn't know you were sketching! You go girl!! x
Post a Comment