On Our Way to Palmer Lake
I love trains. I love to travel in them, I love hearing them go by, I love watching them, I love hearing their whistles, I love hearing the clackity-clack of the wheels. I sometimes hear them at night while in bed, even though we live quite far from the nearest railroad - the sound of trains is one of those sounds that is on my Favorite Sounds list. I often wonder where the trains are going when I see them. I wonder what they are carrying and why. I wonder about the train driver. Does he get tired when he's doing a long run and does he have a little sleeping compartment somewhere that he can crawl into while his co-driver continues to drive the train. Where do these drivers come from? What motivates them to want to leave their families and drive across state(s) to deliver their cargo? Do they get a few days off like flight attendants do once they get to their destination? I personally would love to drive a train across the states, west to east or north to south, it doesn't matter. Of course I'd love my family with me if I did it but I wouldn't mind doing it alone either. Maybe one day...
Down at Palmer Lake

No comments:
Post a Comment