Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve

We started off the morning at one of our favorite breakfast places - Einstein Bagels. They have a wonderful selection of savory and sweet bagels with toppings such as pizza or ham & cheese or strawberry whipped cream cheese, etc. We usually go to Einstein Bagels on New Years Eve because its a day that we spend out and about and starting off with a good breakfast is always a 'must'. Also to note is a Starbucks right next door to Einsteins so we kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Cheryl tried a new chocolate and vanilla braided bagels while I stuck to my favorite of half a bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese and the other half with honey almond cream cheese so I can have my savory but then end with a sweet one. I am sure it has over 1,000 calories but it tastes so good!

Jordan had his pizza bagel while Cullen tried a hot dog bagel. I have no idea what Warren had because I don't have a photo of his bagel but if I could guess, I'd say he had a breakfast bagel with egg, bacon and cheese.

Before getting into the car, we stopped off at Starbucks to get our drinks and then set off for Estes Park. We stopped off at a lovely stone church called The Chapel on the Rock which is now a Colorado landmark.

We arrived in the town of Estes Park and it was very cold. We braved the weather and walked along the river that runs through the town. Most of it was iced over and we could see the stream running under the ice.






















We ended up in Flat Irons Crossing area for dinner and to see a improv act by a group called Mad Cap. It was hysterically funny and also 'clean' so the kids enjoyed it as well. We saw some fireworks on the way home but didn't stop anywhere to see them. We came home, watched the crystal ball fall in Times Square and went to bed. What can I say? We're getting old!

No comments: