Thursday, December 30, 2010

Microplush

There is nothing better on a Sunday afternoon (or any day between Christmas and New Year) than to find a warm spot in the house to read a book. I used to buy books by my favorite authors until I realized that I could get them for free from the library.

Free is good. Free is free!

My favorite place in the house to read my latest favorite novel is on the white sofa in the living room.

And its even better when the outside looks like this!

The living room is a space that isn't used much by anyone except its a...

~ wrestling space for Warren & the boys
~ temporary home for the Christmas tree each December
~ dumping ground for lazy people who don't want to take their things to the 2nd floor
~ warm place to lie if you're a dog named Zulu

This is MY sofa and its comfortable!

From noon until 3 pm (during the winter) the sun creeps in the window behind the sofa and warms up the space making it a cozy place to be in.

After lunch on Sunday I rush to get my book, my coffee, my chocolate and my favorite blanket. I banish the nagging thoughts of cleaning the lunch dishes, tidying the kitchen, and sweeping the floor and I get lost in my book.

The plan is to eventually fall asleep sometime between noon and 3 pm and on the blissful occasion I can sleep past 3 pm. THAT is heavenly.

Having the right book is essential! If you're like me, you definitely want to plan to fall asleep to the murder mysteries of James Patterson or to the investigations of Scarpetta in Patricia Cornwell's novels or to the court proceedings of John Grisham. Drifting off to sleep with "who done it?" in mind is key to having a deep and restful sleep on a Sunday afternoon in the sun.

The blanket is key to a restful Sunday afternoon nap. Mine is the micro plush kind and I found it on sale for $12.99 (queen size) at the grocery store! The GROCERY STORE! Who knew they sold such deliciously soft blankets at amazingly low prices.

The only problem with splurging on this kind of superior blanket is that you have to share it and although I love my punks to death, sharing my blanket with them is not an option.

So I went out and bought another micro plush blanket for $12.99 in "chocolate" and that one lives in the basement. May the uninterrupted reading continue!

No comments: