Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

On Christmas Eve we went to our church's candlelight service and came home to a picnic in the basement and watched The Polar Express (our Christmas Eve tradition) while drinking hot chocolate. Before bedtime, we put out homemade cookies & a glass of milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. Although Jordan doesn't believe in Santa anymore, he played along for Cullen's sake and he made me promise that I'd wake him up to make the sleigh tracks on the deck once Cullen was asleep, which I did. We took Warren's ski and made tracks and then sprinkled bits of carrot on the snow to pretend that the reindeer had eaten the carrots.

The boys slept in the lounge with the hope of catching Santa in the act of putting presents under the tree.

Warren & I were still wrapping presents and getting the house ready for Cheryl's arrival late into the night so we only got to bed at 2 am Christmas morning. The kids woke us up really early and we had to drag ourselves out of bed. I made strong lattes for Warren and I and we set about opening stocking gifts together.

Warren got a bottle of diet Pepsi from Santa - he's been trying to give up diet Pepsi because he finds it addictive but Santa felt he could have one on Christmas Day.

Even Zulu got a stocking this year filled with free Kong toys!

The rest of the morning was spent opening gifts, playing with presents and enjoying a lazy time together. I made breakfast for everyone, put the leg of lamb into the oven and set the table for Christmas lunch. It was a quiet day for us but a really lovely one. Once evening came and the boys were put to bed, we cleaned up and Warren set off for the airport to get Cheryl.

No comments: