Thursday, March 18, 2010

SA: Last Night in SA

The last night in South Africa was spent at Charlie's, packing, getting last minute gifts for Warren and the boys and then relaxing in the evening.

Mom and Campbell started off the evening knitting together which was so sweet.

Soon it was time for target practice and I was taught the etiquette on how to handle a BB gun by Hudson and Campbell. I made sure I obeyed their instructions because at one point I got shouted at for not doing it right. I kept hitting the wall at the back until I realized that I wasn't looking through the correct sites on the gun and then I hit the targets pretty easily. Charlie had a good laugh at me for that!















Of course the only way to end your time in South Africa is with a braai and as with all South African braais, it was a good one with ribs and chicken kebabs and my favorite Mrs. Balls Chutney chips.

Needless to say most of us were tuckered out by the end of the day. It was a great evening and I would give my eye teeth to go back and have another evening like that with my family!



No comments: