Friday, March 19, 2010

SA: Airport

Leaving Charlie's house was hard. I'd said goodbye to Aaron in the morning before he left for work and I said my 'goodbyes' to the boys about a dozen times before Mom and Dad came to get me to take me to the airport. When it came time to say 'goodbye' to Charlie, I kept my composure until we drove down her street. Tanya, Mom and Dad had to distract me until we got to the airport. They dropped me at the departures area and Tanya & I took my bags to the check-in counter where we faced bad service by some unhappy person behind the counter. As they say - That's Africa Baby!!


After checking in Tanya & I met Mom and Dad at the airport Spur where I had the last meal on my list - a Monkey Gland Burger with fries and onion rings. It was just as I remembered it. Delicious.

The airport has had a makeover since I last saw it and it looks really amazing. It was decked out in FIFA World Cup decor and it is a very impressive.

Finally, I said a hasty 'goodbye' to Tanya, Mom & Dad and hurried through security and away from my family.


Once I was on the plane, it hit me that I wouldn't be seeing my family again for a long time and that's when the floodgates opened and as we took off over Joahnnesburg, I pictured each of my family members and said a prayer of 'Thanks' to God for allowing me this special time with them.

No comments: