Thursday, March 11, 2010

SA: Goodbye to Friends

I organized to arrive in South Africa a day earlier than originally planned in order to see Anne & Gary before they immigrated to New Zealand. Anne has taken up a position at church there and so the move is a permanent one. Knowing that the weekend was packed with celebrations for Mom's birthday, I knew that the only day I could see them was the day after I arrived.

They came to Charlie's house at 10 am and I met little Christopher for the first time. Understandably they were pretty stressed and tired. It brought back memories of when we moved to the UK and I understood their anxiety and tiredness.

Gary left to say 'goodbye' to friends while Anne spent about 2 hours with me and we had a good time chatting and catching up. I don't know when I'll see my friends again but hopefully we'll be able to make a trip to New Zealand one day (a place I've always wanted to visit) to see them.

Hope to see you again one day Prestons!!

No comments: