Friday, March 12, 2010

SA: Mom's Surprise

Tanya and Rozanna arrived from Durban the night before and we had a girl's evening in Charlie's TV room, eating pizza, drinking wine and laughing until we cried.

The next morning we set off for the spa where the surprise took place. Charlie had planned it all (thanks again Charlie!!!!!) We arrived about 30 minutes before Mom & Dad and enjoyed some sparkly while sitting outside in the spa grounds.

The spa is stunning and I could have spent the whole day there. They spared no expense when it came to making the place look wonderful, relaxing and inviting.














Mom and Dad arrived and I hid behind a partition to surprise Mom. Dad escorted her in and she was excited to see Tanya, Rozanna and Charlie (and Aaron who was at a conference next door to the spa). Once she was seated, I walked up behind her and said, "Ma'am, can I get you some tea?" Half a dozen emotions flashed across her face from 'who are you?' to 'you're Traci' to 'but Traci is in Denver' to 'Traci is here!' and after a couple of seconds, she burst into tears. Her wish was to have all her kids with her on her birthday and I am so grateful I could be there with all my siblings and in-laws to treat Mom to a special birthday.

We spent the rest of the morning enjoying spa treatments and breakfast and it was a fantastic time with my 3 sisters and Mom.

No comments: