The boys went to see a 'boy movie' and left me alone in the house to watch my 'chick flick'. It is what I need from time to time.
As soon as I heard the garage door close and the car drive down the road, I ran to the boys' bedrooms because I knew they still had some South African sweets/candy left over from Christmas.
I went through their stash to see what I could borrow (OK, steal!) and with good intention - prevent them from becoming addicted to sweets/candy which they can't replenish once the original stash is gone.
After all, I spent YEARS weaning myself off Bar Ones, Smarties, Jelly Tots, Black-currant Fruit Pastels, and Cadbury's Whispers which left me weepy, depressed, frustrated and sometimes in a fetal position on the cold tiled bathroom floor.
I don't want my boys to suffer the way I did.
So I got my stolen stash, flavored-coffee and movie ready and then realized I was about to jump back into the pit I'd spent years climbing out of.The moment of insanity passed and I returned my kids' candy stash to their bedrooms. I repented of my sin of stealing, wiped my tears and eventually got up off the cold bathroom floor.
I made my favorite Chai tea, grabbed my HEALTHY chocolate and made my way to the basement.
A brief flash of insanity helped me get things into perspective and my kids' stash is safe (for now).

No comments:
Post a Comment